The Ottershaw Society has carried out a comprehensive Historical Survey of the village that records the current village and its historical background. It is illustrated with over 1,000 photographs of the village as it is now and many historical illustrations from the mid C19th to the present time, plus older residents memories and various other historical written material.
A significant landmark is Christ Church. This was the gift of one man, Sir Thomas Edward Colebrooke (1813–1890) who came to live in Ottershaw in 1859. He provided sufficient land from his estate for a church, churchyard and vicarage, paid all the construction costs and endowed the church with £100 per year. There is a junior school linked to this church. The village has two pubs – the Otter (which is also a restaurant) and the ever popular Castle (in Brox Road, frequented by many locals and particularly popular with the local teaching community). The other main eatery is the Spicy Cottage restaurant (known to locals as “the Spicy”).
You can learn more about Ottershaw Surrey at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottershaw